Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Installing KnoppixMyth

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Left Hand Path, Canada
    Posts
    2

    Installing KnoppixMyth

    I'm not sure if this is the right place to be, and if it isn't, I'm sure the mods won't hesitate to delete this post but I thought I'd give it a shot. I just put together an HTPC with the following specs:

    ASRock P4VM8
    Samsung 80gb SATA2
    ASUS 16x DVD-ROM
    Pentium 4 1.6
    Chaintech 7.1 Soundcard
    ASUS V9400-X/TD GEFORCE MX 4000
    512mb of Hynix RAM

    When I try to install KnoppMyth and manually partition the drive it says:

    OPENED DISK READ-ONLY - you have no permission to write
    FATAL ERROR: Cannot get disk size
    Press any key to exit cfdisk

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    My guess it that it has something to do with that dirve being SATS2. But that's just a guess.

    You are right though, hardware abd booting doesn't seem the best place for this. I would think either Other Live CDs or the Hdd Install forum would have been better choices. I'll move it to the HDD install forum.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Left Hand Path, Canada
    Posts
    2
    Damn, I hope it isn't the SATA2 drive. I got it on sale for like $63 that's why I got it.

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMike
    Damn, I hope it isn't the SATA2 drive. I got it on sale for like $63 that's why I got it.
    Remember, installing for Knoppix is a complete afterthought. It's intended to be a Live CD. You may have much better results installing Debian (the distro Knoppix is based on). Of course, even there you may have to use the bleeding edge version, but in the long run I would expect your results to be much better.

Similar Threads

  1. installing knoppix vs installing Linux from scratch
    By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED picture

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED

$165.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A picture

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A

$1731.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



IBM 02AN553  01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN  Internal Server Systems Adapter picture

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter

$199.99