Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
knoppix 3.9 loads and works fine
on booting knoppix 4 it hangs on eth1 detected, dhcp broadcasting for ip
i suspect this is a asus 802.11b/g wlan card
I used the nodhcp cheat code on knoppix 4.02 and managed to boot , however when trying to configure network card it hangs again?
asus a8v deluxe
network card marvell yukon gigabit ethernet on board
Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
well confirmed it was the asus wifi card causing it to hang I have removed it as it is unused
strange that 3.9 did not hang though?
I have the same problem -- hanging at boot. Unfortunately I don't really understand how you worked around it. What would I need to reconfigure?
cheers,
Erik
does your pc hang at the same point as mine ?
if not you may have a different problem.
mine hung when detecting the asus wifi card, this is an internal pci card which I was able to remove.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64bit 32 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$95.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2× Xeon E5-2670 2.6GHz 126GB RAM RAID iDRAC
$350.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99