Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
knoppix 3.9 loads and works fine
on booting knoppix 4 it hangs on eth1 detected, dhcp broadcasting for ip
i suspect this is a asus 802.11b/g wlan card
I used the nodhcp cheat code on knoppix 4.02 and managed to boot , however when trying to configure network card it hangs again?
asus a8v deluxe
network card marvell yukon gigabit ethernet on board
Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
well confirmed it was the asus wifi card causing it to hang I have removed it as it is unused
strange that 3.9 did not hang though?
I have the same problem -- hanging at boot. Unfortunately I don't really understand how you worked around it. What would I need to reconfigure?
cheers,
Erik
does your pc hang at the same point as mine ?
if not you may have a different problem.
mine hung when detecting the asus wifi card, this is an internal pci card which I was able to remove.

EPoX EP-4G4A Motherboard Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 Vintage ATX Untested
$213.00
Vintage Microsoft Windows 95 Full Retail Version COMPLETE 3.5" Floppy Disks Box
$100.00
RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000W Portable IBM PC-Compatible Computer
$275.00
Vintage AMD Athlon Slot A Motherboard with CPU & Cooling Fan - Untested
$55.00
RESTORED Windows XP Vintage Retro Classic Gaming Laptop PC Lenovo ThinkPad T61p
$499.95
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99