Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
knoppix 3.9 loads and works fine
on booting knoppix 4 it hangs on eth1 detected, dhcp broadcasting for ip
i suspect this is a asus 802.11b/g wlan card
I used the nodhcp cheat code on knoppix 4.02 and managed to boot , however when trying to configure network card it hangs again?
asus a8v deluxe
network card marvell yukon gigabit ethernet on board
Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
well confirmed it was the asus wifi card causing it to hang I have removed it as it is unused
strange that 3.9 did not hang though?
I have the same problem -- hanging at boot. Unfortunately I don't really understand how you worked around it. What would I need to reconfigure?
cheers,
Erik
does your pc hang at the same point as mine ?
if not you may have a different problem.
mine hung when detecting the asus wifi card, this is an internal pci card which I was able to remove.

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99
2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99
1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99