Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
knoppix 3.9 loads and works fine
on booting knoppix 4 it hangs on eth1 detected, dhcp broadcasting for ip
i suspect this is a asus 802.11b/g wlan card
I used the nodhcp cheat code on knoppix 4.02 and managed to boot , however when trying to configure network card it hangs again?
asus a8v deluxe
network card marvell yukon gigabit ethernet on board
Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
well confirmed it was the asus wifi card causing it to hang I have removed it as it is unused
strange that 3.9 did not hang though?
I have the same problem -- hanging at boot. Unfortunately I don't really understand how you worked around it. What would I need to reconfigure?
cheers,
Erik
does your pc hang at the same point as mine ?
if not you may have a different problem.
mine hung when detecting the asus wifi card, this is an internal pci card which I was able to remove.

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.3" 2k Touchscreen Laptop - AMD Ryzen 7 170 2025 - ...
$599.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad E16 Gen 2 Intel Core Ultra 5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Laptop
$500.00
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00