-

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman

Originally Posted by
H1ghlander
I've got an HP ZE5185 (2.4G P4, 512M, 20G drive, with the Nat Semi network port),
and I've got the same problem with the network, it just doesn't configure. Possibly, because
I'm on a shared 10mb network, maybe the autonegotiation isn't working, but the card
works on the same network in both XP and Solaris 9/X86 (with a non-sun driver)
You're right about it being an autonegoitation issue; when I picked through what had been done to the eeprom I found that the eeprom settings were in a configuration that would screw up autonegotiation. But it really didn't matter what network I tried it on; I ran it to a 10/100 switch that would have negoiated anything the NIC wanted to talk and it just couldn't work anything out. I also ran it into a 10 mbit hub that only runs at 10 mbit, and the NIC couldn't work that out either. Wouldn't talk to several other computers straight in with a cross over cable either. The notebook had talked to both the 10/100 switch and the 10 hub before running the Windows "security update". So I doubt in your case that you would find you connected any better on a different network, but if you poke around at the register level I'm pretty sure you'll find that autonegotiation isn't working right.
Weirder yet, I booted 07/23 version on my HP ZE4100 (same kind of config, but builtin wlan and IGP-340 Radeon card). I thought it was hooked up to the switch, but it wasn't. I then connected it to the switch, and I now have connectivity
in Knoppix, once I told Knoppix what the appropriate network info is.
Similar Threads
-
By Leander in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-23-2005, 02:50 PM
-
By rbivins in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By o0oO in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:59 PM
-
By jimk in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B 2U Rack Server POWER7 3.0GHz 32GB DDR3 No HDD
$429.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96