-
wifi connectivity problem
Hi, I'm having a problem with my wireless usb Belkin network adapter. Knoppix 4 seems to recognise it fine at boot up, but I can't get my wireless usb adapter to recognise my router (Netopia 3347WG router). I'm pretty sure that eth0 is configured correctly. When I open up kwifimanager, I press the "Scan for Networks" button, I get a dialog box that shows the correct ESSID, and I select this. Then it says "connecting to network...", but it does not show the correct Acess Point (it just shows 00:00:00:00:00:00, this is incorrect). I've tried this several times with and without encryption, so I don't think encryption is the problem.
I can't ping my router, which I find weird, because kwifimanager can pick up the ESSID from the router (even though it can't connect to it). Also, when I run iwlist eth0 scan, I get:

Originally Posted by
iwlist eth0 scan
eth0 Scan completed :
Cell 01 - Address: 00:0F:CC:26:09:80
Mode:Managed
ESSID:"eircom1140 3114"
Encryption key

n
Channel:7
which would suggest that the usb adapter has no problem scanning for networks.
The following is the output of iwconfig and ifconfig:

Originally Posted by
ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:50:6B:20:F4
inet addr:192.168.1.1 Bcast:192.168.1.254 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::211:50ff:fe6b:20f4/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:102324 (99.9 KiB) TX bytes:259144 (253.0 KiB)
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:34 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:34 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:1836 (1.7 KiB) TX bytes:1836 (1.7 KiB)

Originally Posted by
iwconfig
eth0 RT2500USB WLAN ESSID:"eircom1140 3114"
Mode:Managed Frequency=2.442 GHz Bit Rate=11 Mb/s
RTS thr

ff Fragment thr

ff
Encryption key:<correct encryption key> Security mode

pen
Link Quality=0/70 Signal level:-120 dBm Noise level:-212 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
Similar Threads
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By mpeden in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By tkrishna in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 05:36 AM
-
By andymadigan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 05:41 AM
-
By unclebulgaria in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130
$119.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00