-
Qtparted and Ntfs
I want to create a partition that is fat32 so I can more fully use knoppix. I bought the "knoppix hacks" book and followed the instructions. I defragged. I resized the hard drive partition with qtparted. It showed the right amount of free space, than I put that I wanted to make the new free space fat32 but after a while it errored out saying something about not being able to write to ntfs or something. I have the dvd 4.0 version of knoppix and am not sure of the qtparted version it has.
I know there is also the ntfsresize utility, but I am a little nervous about doing this. It is hard to cure my GUI addiction, having years of windows pumped into me.
If anybody knows a way to use qtparted with ntfs, or has more verbose instructions on doing it with ntfsresize than are available in the knoppix hacks book, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 21
Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:31 PM
-
By rmart0729 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:39 PM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By eadz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99