-
Qtparted and Ntfs
I want to create a partition that is fat32 so I can more fully use knoppix. I bought the "knoppix hacks" book and followed the instructions. I defragged. I resized the hard drive partition with qtparted. It showed the right amount of free space, than I put that I wanted to make the new free space fat32 but after a while it errored out saying something about not being able to write to ntfs or something. I have the dvd 4.0 version of knoppix and am not sure of the qtparted version it has.
I know there is also the ntfsresize utility, but I am a little nervous about doing this. It is hard to cure my GUI addiction, having years of windows pumped into me.
If anybody knows a way to use qtparted with ntfs, or has more verbose instructions on doing it with ntfsresize than are available in the knoppix hacks book, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 21
Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:31 PM
-
By rmart0729 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:39 PM
-
By terminator in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
-
By eadz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 12
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95

Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99

RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99