Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix 3.9; ssh tunneling; local forwarding

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4

    Knoppix 3.9; ssh tunneling; local forwarding

    Hello All,

    I'm running 3.9 and I'm trying to utilze ssh tunneling and I keep getting the following error:

    bind: Cannot assign requested address
    channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 10080
    Could not request local forwarding.

    -----------------------------------------------------------
    In fact, I can't even ping localhost...here's what I gut when I enter "ping localhost"

    PING mymachine (127.0.0.1): 56 data bytes

    --- dasun ping statistics ---
    104 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

    -----------------------------------------------------------

    Is there a security setting (e.g., one of the /etc files) that I need to change before I can get this to work?

    Btw, this worked fine when I was running Knoppix 3.8

    Thanks!
    blahzik.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4

    solved

    Hey guys,

    The problem I was having was related to bug #15 on the following:
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.9-2005-05-27

    If I do: "ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1" all is good.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 6.0 (asus N10) Local HDD issue...
    By sXeKJB in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 07:58 PM
  2. Forwarding to router
    By IMehler in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM
  3. X11 Forwarding on ClusterKnoppix 3.3 vs. Knoppix 3.4
    By siskbc in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:05 PM
  4. Does Knoppix save ANYTHING to the local PC partitions?
    By misterp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-29-2004, 03:34 AM
  5. Local Area Security Knoppix 0.3b
    By cookiepuss in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-11-2003, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95