Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How is Kboppix configuration info saved?

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    How is Kboppix configuration info saved?

    I'm concerned that somehow configuration information from Knoppix might have been saved that I can't find. In Knoppix 3.2 I have found the menu entry to save the configuration information, and can use it to create a configuration file that is saved on the hard drive; I can see that file under Windows and can delete it to know I've cleared that configuration information.

    However, I used the older Knoppix 3.1 for a while; the version that has a pre-checked check box at the pop-up window when you shut down that defaults to saving the "configuration". I believe I always unchecked this, but want to be sure that is no 3.1 configuration information still on my system. I've searched the hard disk and can't find any files that seem to be knoppix configuration information, but I've also deliberately closed Knoppix 3.1 with the save configuration box still checked and even when I do that I can't find a configuration file! So am I overlooking something, or was this information never really saved?

    Since it might matter, my configuration is a 2 partition drive, the first partition is a 5 gig NTFS partition for WinXP, the rest of the disk is a Fat32 partition. I've search but neither partition seems to have Knoppix 3.1 configuration information on it, even after I deliberately tried to create some.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8
    I have no answer, Harry. All I can do is commiserate. I have tried EVERYTHING to save my configurations. I can see the files (knoppix.sh and configs.tbz) on my floppy and, when copied, on my HD.

    No matter what I do - myconf=scan, floppyconfig - they refuse to load along with the program. I always end up with default settings.

    I still do not understand why I can't write a DOS batch file that runs from pure DOS (not a window) and does this:

    CD C:\Knoppix
    Loadlin.exe
    [Pass startup parameters from knoppix.sh and configs.tbz to the program]

    Is that too much to ask?

Similar Threads

  1. Applying Saved Configuration While Knoppix is running...
    By bioll321 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
  2. Clock Shows Wrong Time on reloaded saved configuration
    By ICPUG in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:20 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
  4. Problem booting saved configuration
    By mrburch in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 01:22 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99