-
Hi again
In the end I determined that pump could not do this, so I added the line
Code:
hostname $(dig -x `ifconfig $DEVICE | grep "inet addr" |awk '{print $2}' | cut -d : -f2` +short |cut -d . -f1)
to /etc/init.d/knoppix-auoconfig, after netdevice detection has finished. I set $DEVICE to eth0, but in the more general case I think leaving out $DEVICE should work. If a network was unavailble I think that the command would fail, and the hostname would remain Knoppix (as set earlier in the script)
Ben
Similar Threads
-
By paradigm_shift in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 05:36 AM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 04:52 AM
-
By qman_txun in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 09:23 AM
-
By probono in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99