-
Cannot mount LVM in Knoppix 4.0?
I am trying to remaster Knoppix 4.0 down to a CD. The problem I am having is mounting the filesystem that I want to copy to. Its a LVM, ext3 in FC3. Everytime I mount it it says:
root@1[~]# mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/hda3 /mnt/hda3
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda3,
missing codepage or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so
Now if I run e2fsck:
root@1[~]# e2fsck -p /UNIONFS/dev/hda3
e2fsck: Bad magic number in super-block while trying to open /UNIONFS/dev/hda3
/UNIONFS/dev/hda3:
The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2
filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2
filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock
is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock:
e2fsck -b 8193 <device>
I try with the following command e2fsck -b 8193 /UNIONFS/dev/hda3 and get the exact same results.
I know the filesystem is good since this is my main linux machine and FC# boots, reads, writes to it with no issues.
Can anyone help?
-
-
Junior Member
registered user
looks like... I have the same problem over here: Tried the HOWTO of version 3.8.1, but did not help. Seems that knoppix does not have the LVM-tools (vgscan etc) installed......
What do the experts say??
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is no LVM in Knoppix, but here is an LVM2-Howto which tells how you can install LVM2:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/LVM2
-
Junior Member
registered user
Good point, thanks.
I wonder why LVM is not in by default - it is neither new nor unreliable.......
Similar Threads
-
By finferflu in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2006, 05:58 PM
-
By markpelletier in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-31-2005, 07:06 PM
-
By johann_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:12 PM
-
By plener in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:26 PM
-
By bennettg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-22-2004, 06:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks
$110.00

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99