>>
.How do I convince the dumbass sysadmins to use Linux?
>>

Through example. They will evalute firstly -=- based on the person presenting -=-

Just shoving the idea at them will likely do more harm than good.


>>
All I did was cd around the server and try sudo, which obviously didn't work.
>>

(grin) and so they thought you were probing for weaknesses/mischiefs ... no wonder (grin)

Me ... i would have banned you from the whole system. But i'm surprised that they would allow a user account to have access like that. In that, i'm suprised they didn't have it locked down by a "group" designation -=- one that students would not be members of.

You could try running from a LiveCD, and then just let them see the functionality. I doubt if you would need to approach directly as i would think they do have an eye on you anyway (grin).


jm