-
Senior Member
registered user
remaster_0.1-6 script fails with long device-path-names
NOTE: I changed the subject from "remaster_0.1-6 scripts not working with Knoppix 4.0.2 CD"
to "remaster_0.1-6 script fails with long device-path-names" to better reflect the problem.
I tried to remaster Knoppix 4.0.2 CD using remaster_0.1-6 scripts from http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/remaster/ but it fails at the beginning.
(you can skip to the "Real problem?" if you don't want to know exact steps)
Here are the exact steps:
===== BOOT =====
Boot Knoppix from 4.0.2 CD using
Code:
knoppix gmt lang=fi
===== INSTALL LVM2 SUPPORT =====
I'm using LVM2, so I'll first install it from the packages I have on hd.
Code:
su
cd /mnt/hdb1/mydata/LVM2
modprobe dm-mod
dpkg -i lvm-common_1.5.17_i386.deb
dpkg -i lvm2_2.01.04-5_i386.deb
lndir /lib/lvm-200/ /usr/sbin/
vgscan
vgchange -a y
===== MOUNT =====
Then I create and mount the main directory where I'm going to work.
Code:
mkdir /data
mount /dev/LVM/data /data
cd /data/knx
===== START REAL REMASTERING =====
(http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12530)
(http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867)
get remaster_0.1-6.tar.gz, and unpack
Code:
tar xvzf remaster_0.1-6.tar.gz
mv remaster-0.1 scripts
Create new remaster
Code:
cd scripts
vim KNOPPIX.build/remaster_config
mkdir /data/knx/remaster
./knoppix-remaster /data/knx/remaster
Do you want to create a new remaster? - YES
The script needs a place where it can store... - OK
Select new remaster directory - (accept default /data/knx/remaster and press OK)
At this stage I get this error on console (translated from finnish)
Code:
mount: /data/knx/scripts not found from /etc/fstab, or /etc/mtab
And at the same time I get the following message in Error-dialog
Code:
Error: Remounting rw,suid,dev of failed.
Do you want to try again?
[Yes] [No]
Real problem?
The knoppix-remaster script has these lines:
Code:
110 remaster_check_mount_options()
111 {
112 REMASTER_MOUNT_DEV=$(df "$REMASTER_CHOICE" | tail -1 | cut -d" " -f1)
113 # we have to remount right ...
114 mount -o remount,rw,suid,dev "$REMASTER_MOUNT_DEV"
--> || remaster_error_yesno $"Remounting rw,suid,dev of $REMASTER_MOUNT_DEV failed."
115 }
And because there was nothing between words "of failed", $REMASTER_MOUNT_DEV is clearly empty here.
I'm not sure how that script should be rewritten to make it work, and why it is failing now but not before.
Similar Threads
-
By colinmgb in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2008, 05:23 PM
-
By turbine in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-18-2007, 09:57 AM
-
By BillS in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-25-2005, 06:54 PM
-
By Kowood in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 11:20 AM
-
By fabriloup in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99