-
Remastering 4.02 CD, failing during mkisofs
I'm attempting to remaster the 4.02 CD version as described here: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto.
I get all the way to this step:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c cdrom/boot/isolinux/ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda11/knx/master
mkisofs 2.01-unofficial-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Scanning /mnt/hda1/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'cdrom/boot/isolinux'!
the only boot.cat I can find is here:
/cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat
tried this:
cd /
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c cdrom/boot/isolinux/ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
And I get the same result.. What gives? I had no problems building on 3.9.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Cant it be because that you say that the isolinux dir is at cdrom/boot/isolinux but should be at /boot/isolinux ???
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Remastering 4.02 CD, failing during mkisofs

Originally Posted by
ceeknop
I'm attempting to remaster the 4.02 CD version as described here:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
I get all the way to this step:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c cdrom/boot/isolinux/ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda11/knx/master
The "-c" option should be "-c boot/isolinux/boot.cat", as mentioned in Howto.
There's also a typo (hda11) in your last path.
You should have boot.cat in /mnt/hda1/knx/master/boot/isolinux/boot.cat after step 12 "Copy everything necessary files except the ~700 Mb KNOPPIX file." in Howto.
If boot.cat isn't there, just copy /cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat to /mnt/hda1/knx/master/boot/isolinux/boot.cat and then use the command which is mentioned in the Howto:
Code:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
-boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
-hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
You might want to check these also, for easier Remastering:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12530
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867
Similar Threads
-
By GermanJulian in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-27-2006, 03:48 PM
-
By denisvh in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 05:51 PM
-
By brock in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:46 PM
-
By tfitzgex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:37 PM
-
By mwgrenier in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 12:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Broken Atari 130XE Console System 130XE No Power
$129.99

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00