Cant it be because that you say that the isolinux dir is at cdrom/boot/isolinux but should be at /boot/isolinux ???
I'm attempting to remaster the 4.02 CD version as described here: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto.
I get all the way to this step:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c cdrom/boot/isolinux/ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda11/knx/master
mkisofs 2.01-unofficial-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
Scanning /mnt/hda1/knx/master
Scanning /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX
mkisofs: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'cdrom/boot/isolinux'!
the only boot.cat I can find is here:
/cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat
tried this:
cd /
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c cdrom/boot/isolinux/ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
And I get the same result.. What gives? I had no problems building on 3.9.
Cant it be because that you say that the isolinux dir is at cdrom/boot/isolinux but should be at /boot/isolinux ???
The "-c" option should be "-c boot/isolinux/boot.cat", as mentioned in Howto.Originally Posted by ceeknop
There's also a typo (hda11) in your last path.
You should have boot.cat in /mnt/hda1/knx/master/boot/isolinux/boot.cat after step 12 "Copy everything necessary files except the ~700 Mb KNOPPIX file." in Howto.
If boot.cat isn't there, just copy /cdrom/boot/isolinux/boot.cat to /mnt/hda1/knx/master/boot/isolinux/boot.cat and then use the command which is mentioned in the Howto:
You might want to check these also, for easier Remastering:Code:mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \ -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda1/knx/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda1/knx/master
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12530
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13867

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58