I am using Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem (the silver model).
Just follow instructions from TheBoyMole in this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...touch&start=20
It's very easy and works like a dream![]()
I am using Speedtouch 330 USB ADSL Modem (the silver model).
Just follow instructions from TheBoyMole in this thread:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...touch&start=20
It's very easy and works like a dream![]()
Logic,
If it's the purple Speedtouch 330, it will also work fine with Kanotix (I used it for 12 months with PPPoATM up to the latest version). Look in the Kanotix forum for ways to get it to connect. I've recently gone for a wireless router to allow laptop access via the same ADSL line, but there is no difference in performance to the USB modem other than the advantage of a built-in firewall and internet sharing capability.
drb
Hi all
Ive got the exact problem, My modem is a Sagem F@st ADSL 800 USB modem. Ive not had any problems with it as a networking device on XP but knoppix just can't seem to find and use it to connect to the net.
Its a shame as I was hoping to be able to use this as an alternative to XP which is really playing up for me at the moment. I have no firewire or ethernet and there is no way I can afford a new modem of any sort. Besides I think the Sagem is great, just not on Knoppix.
If anyone has any idea etc. it would be great to hear them.
Thanks all

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
AMD AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Support, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, USB
$149.99