Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Error when accessing /mnt directory

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    Error when accessing /mnt directory

    Hi, I'm a Windows$-spoiled n00b, please help me!

    When I try to access the /mnt directory from Konqueror or another program (like e.g. K3b), strange things happen. Konqueror does nothing and "stalled" is displayed in its status bar, other programs mostly freeze and I have to kill them. When I change to the root terminal with Strg+Alt+F1 after such a thing happens it shows

    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 1
    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 2
    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 3
    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 4
    etc...

    Do you have any idea how I can prevent this error? Btw, I'm running Knoppix 3.4 from CD and I have no floppy drive.

    Thanks!
    kungfista

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Error when accessing /mnt directory

    As root, ' killall automount ' before browsing /mnt.

    I believe this is caused by automount trying to access /mnt/auto/*, and it temporarily freezes the system because you have no floppy drive.

    Quote Originally Posted by kungfista
    Hi, I'm a Windows$-spoiled n00b, please help me!

    When I try to access the /mnt directory from Konqueror or another program (like e.g. K3b), strange things happen. Konqueror does nothing and "stalled" is displayed in its status bar, other programs mostly freeze and I have to kill them. When I change to the root terminal with Strg+Alt+F1 after such a thing happens it shows

    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 1
    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 2
    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 3
    end_request: I/O error, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 4
    etc...

    Do you have any idea how I can prevent this error? Btw, I'm running Knoppix 3.4 from CD and I have no floppy drive.

    Thanks!
    kungfista

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In a house... hopefully
    Posts
    554
    or its trying to mount something thats wrong...

    for example, this happened when i was trying to mount a USB... it was just trying to find the wrong filesystem or something... i really dont know... it dissapeared when i got rid of it...

    also... sometimes, other media types can be found also under /media


  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2
    'killall automount' does the trick! Thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. /dev/sda1: no such file or directory error flash install
    By unckybob in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM
  2. Error when accessing HDD (Windows guy wants to switch! Grr!)
    By Samuraiken in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
  3. Accessing files in HOME directory?
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:37 PM
  4. Logon to active directory or NT directory ......
    By ktheking in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2003, 06:34 PM
  5. chroot error:no such file or directory
    By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos picture

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos

$97.60



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5

HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB

$24.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00