Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Fetching 4.0.2, will provide through mail to US Mirrors

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3

    Fetching 4.0.2, will provide through mail to US Mirrors

    I have been waiting and looking for a mirror for a week now, but have only found one site with it (the first on the list), but it comes at a rate that would take 75-80 hours! It does not seem to be propagating in Germany either, for example to the fast mirror.

    I have decided to go for it, downloading from ftp://ftp.uni-kl.de/pub/linux/knoppix/. I should have it by late Sunday evening. I am about 10 hours in to it (550MB).

    If owners of US mirrors would private message me, I will snail-mail the first bunch a DVD I hope on Monday, worst case should be Tuesday. By Wednesday or Thursday there should be several sites in the US that have the english .iso. The authenticity and quality can be checked against the md5 from the source. This seems crazy, but...

    If there is something I don't know, like there is a problem with 4.0.2 and that is why it is not propagating, please let me know (I won't see your post until 6:00 EDT). I *think* I am not only helping myself but providing a service by distributing it.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3
    I have canceled my slow download. Another post indicated that the kernel.org mirror has gotton it since I checked. It is coming at about 550KB/sec now!

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone provide me some info on remastering DVD?
    By dtzxdtzx1 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 03:45 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
  3. ISP refuses to provide support for LINUX
    By terminalk in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 04:13 PM
  4. Can anyone provide me a floppy-image for V3.6?
    By qeldroma in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 01:34 PM
  5. Can anyone provide me a floppy-image for V3.6?
    By qeldroma in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 10:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG picture

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG

$299.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00