Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
knoppix 3.9 loads and works fine
on booting knoppix 4 it hangs on eth1 detected, dhcp broadcasting for ip
i suspect this is a asus 802.11b/g wlan card
I used the nodhcp cheat code on knoppix 4.02 and managed to boot , however when trying to configure network card it hangs again?
asus a8v deluxe
network card marvell yukon gigabit ethernet on board
Same Problem an a Elitegroup ECS 532 Notebook.
Ralink 802.11b/g WLan mini-PCI
and
Realtek RTL8169/8110 Familiy Gigabit Ethernet
Is there a cheat to deactivate only a single device?
regards
well confirmed it was the asus wifi card causing it to hang I have removed it as it is unused
strange that 3.9 did not hang though?
I have the same problem -- hanging at boot. Unfortunately I don't really understand how you worked around it. What would I need to reconfigure?
cheers,
Erik
does your pc hang at the same point as mine ?
if not you may have a different problem.
mine hung when detecting the asus wifi card, this is an internal pci card which I was able to remove.

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00