-
persistent disk image not working with 4.0.2
hi
I am new to Knoppix but not linux. I can start Knoppix on my PC with the CD or DVD fine.
I use "K->KNOPPIX->Configure->Create a persistent KNOPPIX disk image" to
create a disk image (100MB) on my /dev/sda7 (empy 37G partition ext2 formated),
I can see the knoppix.img created. If I make some change (wall paper, 'touch ~/foo')
then reboot with "knoppix home=/dev/sda7" or "knoppix home=scan" I don't
see my changes re-appear. (nor do I see the blue screen with multiple choice box
that lets me select "system" during start up) why? I assume the disk image I created wasn't used.
To be sure I made the changes again and created a new image after the changes then reboot
again. I still don't see the changes. Then I tried to make the image on a USB
stick. It *works* with "knoppix home=scan" but *not* with "knoppix home=/dev/sdb1".
Why?
How do I check if the disk image is used? and if the image is not being used, what is wrong?
by the way I can use K->KNOPPIX->Configure->Save KNOPPIX Configuration to to save
config changes on a USB stick. From what I understood, this and the disk image are two separate
things. no?
can anyone tell me what the problem is? thanks
Similar Threads
-
By brian3.parker in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-02-2010, 05:42 PM
-
By mramos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
-
By Rene in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2007, 10:07 AM
-
By rspiteri in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:54 PM
-
By martynguk2002 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch
$749.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)
$89.99

The Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C is a professional networking adapter designed fo
$750.00

Cisco A99-SFC3 V02 Line Card Module for ASR 9000 Series Router 68-6792-04
$2999.95

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99