hi
I am new to Knoppix but not linux. I can start Knoppix on my PC with the CD or DVD fine.
I use "K->KNOPPIX->Configure->Create a persistent KNOPPIX disk image" to
create a disk image (100MB) on my /dev/sda7 (empy 37G partition ext2 formated),
I can see the knoppix.img created. If I make some change (wall paper, 'touch ~/foo')
then reboot with "knoppix home=/dev/sda7" or "knoppix home=scan" I don't
see my changes re-appear. (nor do I see the blue screen with multiple choice box
that lets me select "system" during start up) why? I assume the disk image I created wasn't used.
To be sure I made the changes again and created a new image after the changes then reboot
again. I still don't see the changes. Then I tried to make the image on a USB
stick. It *works* with "knoppix home=scan" but *not* with "knoppix home=/dev/sdb1".
Why?
How do I check if the disk image is used? and if the image is not being used, what is wrong?
by the way I can use K->KNOPPIX->Configure->Save KNOPPIX Configuration to to save
config changes on a USB stick. From what I understood, this and the disk image are two separate
things. no?
can anyone tell me what the problem is? thanks

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99