Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Desktop shortcut

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tyler,TX
    Posts
    9

    Desktop shortcut

    Hey,

    I just started using linux. I wrote a script to run wvdial. I would like to have a shortcut on the desktop to run it. How do I create one?

    Robert

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO, USA
    Posts
    376

    Re: Desktop shortcut

    Quote Originally Posted by webguytx
    I just started using linux. I wrote a script to run wvdial. I would like to have a shortcut on the desktop to run it. How do I create one?
    Welcome to Knoppix.net.

    What version of Knoppix are you using?

    In 4.0, right-click on the desktop. Chose "Create New > Link to Application". Click on the Application tab and fill in the blanks.

    Please post back letting us know how it goes.

    Regards,
    - Robert
    http://www.cwelug.org

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tyler,TX
    Posts
    9
    I'm using Knoppix 3.9

    Robert

Similar Threads

  1. cant see the desktop
    By jader2toesbumpy in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 12:43 AM
  2. no desktop gui?
    By UnLISTEDxX in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM
  3. Want KDE desktop
    By fred0843 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:48 PM
  4. desktop shortcut
    By jester600 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 07:25 PM
  5. Live CD w/ PH & saved config - BOOT SHORTCUT
    By j.drake in forum Tips and Tricks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 12:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99



CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New  picture

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New

$1049.00