-
Please help with Modem love Knoppix but about to give up :(
Hello. 
I first want to say I really love Knoppix, I REALLY want to become an EX windows user but it seems as hard as I try I keep getting stuck useing windows. At the moment I do not have a high speed connection so I am forsed to use my stupid dialup modem. I have a BenQ Joybok 2100 it is a very nice laptop but I can\t get anywhere with Knoppix
I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love to ditch Windows once and for all. If anyone can offer any advice I would greatly appriciate it.
Also, I know all of you are going to tell me to buy a REAL modem, and to save you all some time i already bought 2. I bought a serial Modem, US robotics which works wonderfully, without a hitch, the only problem is I don't have a Serial connection on this laptop. So, what I did was went out and bought a Serial to USB connector, which of course dosen't have Linux Drivers, so it dosen't work. Then I went out and bought a USB external modem, again it dosen't work, ALSO, even if It did work I am almost a complete Noobie so I really have no idea how to check my USB devices on Linux. I am so used to Windows automatically installing the files, or at least giving me a pop up or something to tell me I need drivers, with linux I don't even get a notice to tell me if it is working or not
Anyhow, if anyone could help I would greatly appriciate it.
Thanks alot!!
SilentJ
Similar Threads
-
By Knoppixster in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2006, 03:03 AM
-
By spammehere1234 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:08 AM
-
By PotatoHead in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-13-2003, 02:32 PM
-
By johnsandidge in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari Portfolio 16-Bit PC Palmtop Computer - Retro Computing
$96.00

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99

Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00

VINTAGE FACTORY SEALED MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER 4.0 CD-ROM - NEW RARE BLUE CD
$34.99

Vintage Paradise VGA Plus 16 ISA Video Card 1988 Western Digital PVGA1A TESTED
$89.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Apple Newton Connection Kit for Macintosh, Other Type
$125.00

Vintage Working Apple IIc and Monitor. With Packaging. A collector's dream
$659.99

Toshiba T1000 Vintage Laptop PC, 1 power supplies, manuals, and original bag
$119.99

Rare Vintage Qume QVT-102 Terminal w Keyboard Damaged READ
$129.00