I have been trying to remaster knoppix from the harddrive (cos I am still not sure of things). When I remaster 3.7. (upgrading about a third of the packages)and put it on disc I get kernel panic cannot see knoppix filesystem. However when I put the filesystem on a tohd install and boot using (what apparently is the old pre 2004 init script of) lilo to boot I can boot using the 2.6 kernel. Since 3.7 boots 2.4 by default, how do I get Knoppix to boot 2.6 by default instead so my disc will work (which I assume is the problem)

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$365.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00
Computer Board 4 Model B Quad Core 1.5GHz 2GB WiFi Bluetooth Ethernet
$208.99