-
remaster 3.7 and 2.6 kernel problem
I have been trying to remaster knoppix from the harddrive (cos I am still not sure of things). When I remaster 3.7. (upgrading about a third of the packages)and put it on disc I get kernel panic cannot see knoppix filesystem. However when I put the filesystem on a tohd install and boot using (what apparently is the old pre 2004 init script of) lilo to boot I can boot using the 2.6 kernel. Since 3.7 boots 2.4 by default, how do I get Knoppix to boot 2.6 by default instead so my disc will work (which I assume is the problem)
Similar Threads
-
By Trace Green in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By PMT in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 04:02 AM
-
By rayg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 10:16 PM
-
By chaz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 07:08 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore
$50.00

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ
$129.00

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore VIC-20 Dead Test Rom - USA seller
$19.99

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller
$17.99

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply
$169.99

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Commodore 16 C16 Computer Matching Serial Box Tutor Cartridge Tested Workong
$174.99

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung
$297.98