-
Junior Member
registered user
4.0.2 Firewall settings not saved in persistent home ?
Using 4.0.2 CD, I turn on the built-in firewall, then attempt to save the setting. My expectation is that the firewall will auto-start the next time I use Knoppix. But the firewall tells me that its setting cannot be saved unless I have a persistent configuration - and I do have one, on my hard drive. It works fine, and is automatically located during boot.
I'm using a poor man's install. No problems otherwise. The firewall seems to be on, when I turn it on.
Is this a problem? Certainly, not a big one. Or do I misunderstand how to operate the firewall? For that matter, do I really need a firewall in Knoppix, if I'm not using my computer as a file server? (Another thread on this forum suggests that I don't need the firewall.)
Similar Threads
-
By ammonman in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM
-
By django in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
-
By PaulBx1 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
-
By PaulBx1 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2006, 05:36 AM
-
By kayl in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99