Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Adjust permissions in .cmg-file

  1. #1

    Adjust permissions in .cmg-file

    I'm testing klik on a gentoo-box and it works like a charm in the few cases I've tested yet - except for gimp:
    After mounting the image, /tmp/app/1 permissions were set to 700 and the owner was the user with ID 1000 who doesn't exist on my system (root had no problem to use the application btw).

    In order to fix this, I tried to remount the image rw, but that failed even after setting the permission of gimp_2.0.6.cmg to 777.
    The error message was always that the filesystem would be mounted read-only despite what I wanted.

    Though I left a small message on the website with the gimp-download to give the developer a chance fix this, I'd rather know how to fix this myself, because I think it's better to give a step-by-step explanation how to fix a problem than just telling the developer to fix it.

    cu, tom

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Permissions fixed

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by probono
    Permissions fixed :D
    Thank you very much, but would it have been possible for me to do it, too?
    (So you'd have the hands free p.e. for more important stuff.)

    By the way: nice work, I really like it.

    What I really miss is more in-depth-information:
    How does klik decide which libraries are present and which must be downloaded?
    Why does it tell me about .deb-files, when downloading (as f as I know, my system has nothing installed to handle deb.)?
    How could I prevent klik to download the freetype-libraries, if I have them installed? Something to signal klik that everything's in it's proper place..

    I'm sure there's much more questions that are not only for me interesting. Perhaps some kind of wiki could be useful to include users into that work, so you developers wouldn't have that much more work than you already have.

    cu, tom

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    klik assumes that a least common detominator of libraries and applications is present on all base systems, and downloads the rest, e.g., from debian repositories. klik 'translates\ .rpm, .deb, and .tgz into .cmg files that are designed in a way that makes them as portable as possible, so that they run not only on your specific system, but also on many others.

    Greetings,
    probono

Similar Threads

  1. A file permissions puzzle
    By kpfuser in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 10:37 AM
  2. File recovery / File permissions help needed?
    By sepekte in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 11:48 PM
  3. New User Help on file permissions
    By chachi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:29 AM
  4. File permissions keep changing...
    By hhayes in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
  5. Changing file permissions
    By bigbene in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set picture

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set

$58.00



Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$12.99



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount picture

LG PCS200S Pro:Centric Server Hospitality TV Management System 1U Rackmount

$350.00



Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book picture

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book

$37.49