I have HP Laptop and i used knoppix 3.6 virtual CD.All works fine,sound an video detected but my network was down.the laptop has a Broadcom 440X network adapter. Pls help me..TKS
I have HP Laptop and i used knoppix 3.6 virtual CD.All works fine,sound an video detected but my network was down.the laptop has a Broadcom 440X network adapter. Pls help me..TKS
I have the same problem with a Gateway MX 6030. Knoppix won't detect the Broadcom 440x ethernet or the 802.11g wireless card. Is there a way to manually detect it and load drivers? or do you need to make a custome disk with the drivers built into it?
Ok, I found this possible solution on the Knoppix STD forum. I'll have to give it a try and let you know for sure.
I had the same problem, but fortunately knoppix includes the sources for the kernel, and the standard tools for Makefile's. So you can download the drivers source from
http://www.broadcom.com/support/etherne … rivers.php
store them in a floppy or USB drive, start K-STD, unpack, and write 'make' in the src directory. Note that 'make install' will fail because /lib/modules is read-only, but you can 'insmod bcm4400.o' anyway, and then menu-> internet-> connect-> netcard config will work.
I think this should work for any unsupported hardware, despite some comments in other posts suggesting that issues with unsupported hardware can only be solved by doing hard disk install.
What version of knoppix are you using? The user "gstyle" used versio 3.6 which is over 18 months old. Knoppix 4.0.2 is about 5 months old and version 5.0 pulic release should be out within 1-2 months.
I downloaded the 4.0.2 and everything works. I was using the Knoppix STD. I'm guessing it's based off an older distro or does not have as many drivers.
Thanks for the help!![]()

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99