-
Broadcom 440X network hardware not detected by knoppix 3.6
I have HP Laptop and i used knoppix 3.6 virtual CD.All works fine,sound an video detected but my network was down.the laptop has a Broadcom 440X network adapter. Pls help me..TKS
-
I have the same problem with a Gateway MX 6030. Knoppix won't detect the Broadcom 440x ethernet or the 802.11g wireless card. Is there a way to manually detect it and load drivers? or do you need to make a custome disk with the drivers built into it?
-
Ok, I found this possible solution on the Knoppix STD forum. I'll have to give it a try and let you know for sure.
I had the same problem, but fortunately knoppix includes the sources for the kernel, and the standard tools for Makefile's. So you can download the drivers source from
http://www.broadcom.com/support/etherne … rivers.php
store them in a floppy or USB drive, start K-STD, unpack, and write 'make' in the src directory. Note that 'make install' will fail because /lib/modules is read-only, but you can 'insmod bcm4400.o' anyway, and then menu-> internet-> connect-> netcard config will work.
I think this should work for any unsupported hardware, despite some comments in other posts suggesting that issues with unsupported hardware can only be solved by doing hard disk install.
-
Senior Member
registered user
What version of knoppix are you using? The user "gstyle" used versio 3.6 which is over 18 months old. Knoppix 4.0.2 is about 5 months old and version 5.0 pulic release should be out within 1-2 months.
-
I downloaded the 4.0.2 and everything works. I was using the Knoppix STD. I'm guessing it's based off an older distro or does not have as many drivers.
Thanks for the help!
Similar Threads
-
By dundas in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM
-
By Caspian in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 08:06 PM
-
By briko in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By idris1388 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:27 PM
-
By iconfly in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New
$50.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW / SEALED
$500.00

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99