-
How do I save pics
I am a newbie. How do I save pics (when using the Knoppix live cd v3.8.1), to the "D" Drive? In windows I could just right click for the save options. I can not find the option here.
I am planning to get a full Debian install soon. Would it be the same for installed Debian?
-
Senior Member
registered user
the drive system is compleately different to windows... it doesnt have the so called D: drives... its set out rather logically...
for a hard drive its named "hd", if you want to save on partition one on the primary hard drive (the master), then it would be "hda1",
the "a" stands for the master (aka, if you had another hard drive it would be hdb), and the number stands for the partition
y
you can find this under the folder "/mnt" or "/media"
to mount lets say a hard drive it would be
to mount a floppy disk it would be
[/code]mount /mnt/floppy
mount /media/floppy
mount /dev/fd0[/code]
either one of those... depending how you set the system up... hopefully i have been of some help..
Similar Threads
-
By oneguy in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-31-2005, 03:35 PM
-
By dhomi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 01:31 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By ica in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:59 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98