-
apt-get to install a local package.
I'm trying not to have to use the internet each and everytime I want to install a program, in this case Scite.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install scite
So I used:
Code:
sudo apt-get install -download scite
and saved the file it downloaded. But I cant seem to get it to load from the local disk. I've tried:
Code:
sudo apt-get install scite_1.66-1_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install ./scite_1.66-1_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite_1.66-1_i386.deb
sudo apt-get install scite_1.66-1_i386
sudo apt-get install ./scite_1.66-1_i386
sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite_1.66-1_i386
sudo apt-get install scite
sudo apt-get install ./scite
sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite
all to no avail. What boneheaded thing am I missing?!
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2006, 02:58 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
-
By rozen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:28 AM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58