Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: apt-get to install a local package.

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    37

    apt-get to install a local package.

    I'm trying not to have to use the internet each and everytime I want to install a program, in this case Scite.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install scite
    So I used:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install -download scite
    and saved the file it downloaded. But I cant seem to get it to load from the local disk. I've tried:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install scite_1.66-1_i386.deb
    sudo apt-get install ./scite_1.66-1_i386.deb
    sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite_1.66-1_i386.deb
    sudo apt-get install scite_1.66-1_i386
    sudo apt-get install ./scite_1.66-1_i386
    sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite_1.66-1_i386
    sudo apt-get install scite
    sudo apt-get install ./scite
    sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite
    all to no avail. What boneheaded thing am I missing?!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    dpkg -i package.deb

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1
    My company do not allow me to install anything on my harddisk which runs on Windows XP. I have to use Yahoo Messenger to communicate with my oversea family. Therefore, Iwish to run the Knoppix Live CD without Harddisk.

    Can anyone help me on the following:

    1. I have downloaded the messenger package. How to install the program on knoppix live CD and how to save the installation + setting?

Similar Threads

  1. trying to install debian from a local repository ...
    By Albretch in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 02:58 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
  3. Can I use APT to install packages in /usr/local
    By rozen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:28 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 02:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



NEW Samsung USB Type-C 256GB Flash Drive USB 3.2 Gen 1 Genuine OEM -MUF-256DA/AM picture

NEW Samsung USB Type-C 256GB Flash Drive USB 3.2 Gen 1 Genuine OEM -MUF-256DA/AM

$55.99



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162) picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)

$37.99



PNY 1TB PRO Elite V3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drive Up to 1000MB/s Read Bulk Package picture

PNY 1TB PRO Elite V3 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drive Up to 1000MB/s Read Bulk Package

$84.99



New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM picture

New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM

$19.95



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99



Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4 picture

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4

$7.99