dpkg -i package.deb
I'm trying not to have to use the internet each and everytime I want to install a program, in this case Scite.
So I used:Code:sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install scite
and saved the file it downloaded. But I cant seem to get it to load from the local disk. I've tried:Code:sudo apt-get install -download scite
all to no avail. What boneheaded thing am I missing?!Code:sudo apt-get install scite_1.66-1_i386.deb sudo apt-get install ./scite_1.66-1_i386.deb sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite_1.66-1_i386.deb sudo apt-get install scite_1.66-1_i386 sudo apt-get install ./scite_1.66-1_i386 sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite_1.66-1_i386 sudo apt-get install scite sudo apt-get install ./scite sudo apt-get install /mnt/hda1/scite
dpkg -i package.deb
My company do not allow me to install anything on my harddisk which runs on Windows XP. I have to use Yahoo Messenger to communicate with my oversea family. Therefore, Iwish to run the Knoppix Live CD without Harddisk.
Can anyone help me on the following:
1. I have downloaded the messenger package. How to install the program on knoppix live CD and how to save the installation + setting?

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59