You need to set the http_proxy environment variable in you shell session before invoking apt-get or friends, eg:
Code:export http_proxy=user:password@proxy_host:portnumber
I connect to high speed internet thru a proxy server on lan.In firefox/konqueror I am prompted for a username and password to connect to the proxy server.
I want to use this connection to do "apt-get" from the console but it always says "proxy authentication failed" which is obvious as I have not entered the username and password in the console.How I will be able to do that I have no idea.
Please help.
You need to set the http_proxy environment variable in you shell session before invoking apt-get or friends, eg:
Code:export http_proxy=user:password@proxy_host:portnumber
ok I'll try that.thanks
Did not work.
Should beexport http_proxy='http://userassword@host com
ort'

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Corsair 760T, ASUS X99a-ii, i7-6800k, 16GB RAM, 1080GPU, 256GB SSD #21
$300.00
CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard
$370.00
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Desktop Processor (3.7GHz, 6 Cores, AM4 CPU) 100-100000065
$125.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99