-
Multi-drive mounting... what directory do most use?
Currently I'm setting up my first install... I tried initially just putting it after my XP install (no way I can get rid of windoze, I have some corp software I have to use for work), but due to the 1024 cylinder limit all I got was a grub error. So, I've since put a 3-gig gap between the beginning of the hard drive and the beginning of the windoze partition, and I've got it booting both ways now. Only one problem... Now, I have two linux partitions - a 3-gigger to boot from and a 70-gigger at the end of the drive.
So, I'm trying to figure out where would be the best location to mount it. Having never really used linux, I don't really have any idea where the HD space tends to go... I thought at first about just copying all my 'home' data onto it and mounting it to home.. but wouldn't bin take up a lot of space too?
What's recommended?
Similar Threads
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM
-
By alexak in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:51 AM
-
By dvryknopper in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 06:34 PM
-
By rstoeck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By ndd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99