-
160-gig hd total
3-gig linux boot partition
75-gig Windoze partition
2-gig linux swap partition
75-gig linux extra partition
Those are approximates anyway 
The 1024th cylinder is around the 8-gig or 9-gig point of the hard drive.
Right now the 75-gig partition at the end is not really being used... I know when I really get to know Linux I'm going to be using it a lot, so I'd like to figure out where to put this drive so that I won't have issues. Just not sure where that would be :P
From reading your post, I could put everyting on the bit one, then just have the little up-front drive handle the boot directory?
Can that be done after install, or is that going to require a fresh install? hm... I guess I could just cp / /mnt/sda4 -R from a root shell to copy everything, then cp /root/ / -R. But I wouldn't have a clue how to set it up to boot with sda4 as the main drive and sda1 as the boot directory... Sorry, I'm pretty new with Linux
Similar Threads
-
By maestrobwh1 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM
-
By alexak in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2009, 02:51 AM
-
By dvryknopper in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2006, 06:34 PM
-
By rstoeck in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 05:49 AM
-
By ndd in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 02:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Renaissance Media Recovery Computer Data Tape Reel TPT Certified 6250 BPI Super
$148.66

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit
$44.99

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

Vintage IBM Mainframe System Board IBM 14 Transistor Chip Circuit Gold
$44.99

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99