Hi there,
have you checked /etc/apt/sources.list - it should show wether or not you download from the ppc repository. as far as i know the different repositories are seperate so if you change the sources.list file accordingly ...
Just got my Linux install working again. Moved my /home to another partition and hdinstalled Knoppix3.2-april-15. But it's already borked now after two reboots. I've some very wierd problem, at least ls is foobar-ed ("bash: /bin/ls: unknown file or directory
"). And I, nor root, can graphicly login.
I suspect it's because of apt-get downloading from linuxppc.org, PPC is not intel... But I'm not sure if they don't also host the i386 debs. How can you check a linux binary for processor type?
Anybody?
Hi there,
have you checked /etc/apt/sources.list - it should show wether or not you download from the ppc repository. as far as i know the different repositories are seperate so if you change the sources.list file accordingly ...
It usually has an i386, i586, etc.. in the package name. I installed the same version (04-15) yesterday and have had no problems so far although X takes at least a minute to load. I just checked the line in the sources.list and it gets the packages from /sid/i386.Originally Posted by Henk Poley

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99