-
Firefox doesn't autorun
I have already searched in these forums for my problem(s), but the solutions, I found, don't work.
My situation is this:
I have a Knoppix 3.9 HD install. Making an intensive use of "apt --purge remove" I have now a "small Knoppix".
I have modified /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig substituting DESKTOP="kde" with DESKTOP="fluxbox" in order to unistall kde and use Fluxbox as window manager.
I would like to start Firefox when XFree starts: I copied /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc in /home/knoppix/.xinitrc and added the line "firefox". Rebooting XFree nothing happens. Any suggestion?
I also need to start a non-X program at system boot (a web server): how can I do?
At the end I need to start a non-X program under a "rxvt session" (so I can see what happens on the screen) at system boot: how can I do?
I'm a "almost-newbie" in Linux.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi sassi67,
do you want to run an app when XFree starts or when Fluxbox starts? If it's the second instance maybe you need to create an apps file in ~/.fluxbox/ directory and put in it the app you want to run, following the suggest as in this link http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/docs/...ev.php#startup
bye, max
-
Works!
I have created the file ~/.fluxbox/apps and added these lines:
[startup] {firefox}
[startup] {rxvt ...}
restart Fluxbox and voilą...
For the non-X apps I think I'll read something about daemons management under Knoppix, do I?
Thank you, maxIT
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
sassi67
For the non-X apps I think I'll read something about daemons management under Knoppix, do I?...
or maybe something about in wich directories linux/debian look for start up scripts, maybe /etc/init.d or so...
regards, max
-
I discover that I can put my non-X apps in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig: they start.
Similar Threads
-
By nayrhyno in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2006, 10:10 PM
-
By RedBrain in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
-
By blue_nemesis in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
-
By kooladi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
-
By sparks40 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00