Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Updating MySQL in Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    12

    Updating MySQL in Knoppix

    I have recently installed Knoppix 4.0.2 and I would like to upgrade MySQL server and client to the latest version available. The pc I am using is not connected to the internet but i hace access to downloads and would like advice on the best way to update. I have done a few searches and have found Xampp and other downloads with extensions such as .tar.gz .rpm etc. Which is the best and how do I do it? I am a Linux newfellow

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    12
    With Version 3.6 I would hear a voice on loading the desktop and on shutdown using the LiveCD but with version 4.0.2 I can no longer hear it on my IBM PII and IBM PIII but only on my Asus PIV. Have some sound drivers been removed and if so how can I add them to 4.0.2?

Similar Threads

  1. Updating Knoppix 5.1.1
    By DiscipleDOC in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 10:27 AM
  2. Updating my Knoppix
    By Teh_Lex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:19 PM
  3. Updating Menus in Knoppix 3.4?
    By raid517 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 12:40 PM
  4. Updating knoppix
    By lussac in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-20-2003, 03:12 PM
  5. [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5  2x6248R  24 core 3.0G   24x64g DDR4-2933 ram picture

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram

$112000.00



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08