Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Internet on Knoppix 4.0?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    16

    Internet on Knoppix 4.0?

    first of all.... I didn't know that knoppix used gnome!!! I always thought that was gnoppix.... second of all.... how do I get internet working on my laptop? when I booted from disk the internet worked just fine... but after I installed in onto my laptop harddrive the internet doesn't work anymore..... can anyone help?

    I tried going to Applications > system tools > Networking but i don't think I set it up right... can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Internet on Knoppix 4.0?

    Quote Originally Posted by admart35
    .... but after I installed in onto my laptop harddrive the internet doesn't work anymore.....
    Surely you must have been expecting this! The second post in the HDD install forum almost 3 years ago was about this very symptom, Internet access working fine from the CD but failing after a hard disk install, and it's been happening ever since. Things like this are why I decided to install Debian rather than Knoppix, since Debian is intended for install on a hard disk and Knoppix is intended as a live CD. Why did you decide to install Knoppix to a hard disk?

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    16
    because I like knoppix and I want it installed on my laptop..... and I just want to know how I can get my internet workin on knoppix after a harddrive install

Similar Threads

  1. Slow internet on Knoppix 5
    By grus in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
  3. Knoppix can't get to the Internet
    By username11 in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 09:02 PM
  4. internet with knoppix
    By Julia in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 06:35 PM
  5. Internet With Knoppix
    By Julia in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 01:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s

$59.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$339.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59