copy the .inf files locally, then try it.
Hello again,
Still having problems getting my USB Belkin Wireless Adaptor working. I believe that i need to use ndiswrapper to get it to work. My USB Adaptor is listed in http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...dex.php/List#B as working. It suggests using the *.inf and *.sys files installed in my windows install of it.
When I run the GUI version of ndiswrapper from the K menu, when I select the *.inf file it just disappears and seemingly does nothing.
If I run ndiswrapper in the Konsole the help for it says I need to type ndiswrapper -i infile.inf, so i type ndiswrapper -i /mnt/hda2/........../belkin/belkin wireless adaptor/myinfile.inf . when I do this it just acts as if i just typed ndiswrapper and brings up the list of switches you can use with ndiswrapper. when i type ndiswrapper -l to list installed drivers it says there are none, so it hasn't done anything!
What should I do?
Thanks very much!
copy the .inf files locally, then try it.
Copy locally? I am running of the live cd, where do you mean?
I have copied them into my windows c:\ drive to make the filepath shorter to type, but still nothing....
Right, got it all working! I'm typing this from Kanotix... Yay!
I'm sure this will work in Knoppix as well, as they are very similar...
I ran ndiswrapper, it takes a while after clicking, but eventually it brings up a box saying wlan0 is working.
Then I ran wavelan to setup my connection.
Then I ran network card config to carry on setting it up
Then I went to the KDE control centre and set up the WEP key there.
On Kanotix, I took off the firewall to get it to work.
Thanks for all your help everybody!

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Digital Movie Poster ( USB-flash drive)
$100.00
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00