http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
desktop=fluxbox|icewm|kde|larswm|twm|wmaker|xfce
Use specified WM instead of KDE
Specifically, I would like to give ratpoison a try. Is there something I could type in at boot to load it?
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
desktop=fluxbox|icewm|kde|larswm|twm|wmaker|xfce
Use specified WM instead of KDE
Thank you for your prompt response. Many of the sites that list window managers along with knoppix rattle off the biggies - fluxbox, ice, and blackbox but usually don't include ratpoison. In my ignorance, I only recently learned that ratpoison was even part of the package.
1. In short, ratpoison may not be everyone's cup of tea. It is a window manager designed to be used without a mouse (hence the name). It is tough for me to get used to it, but I do recommend everyone give it a try.
2. In the same vein, I didn't know enlightenment 16 was also part of the package - a very sleek presentation indeed. (though, I believe e 17 is out in beta. I have tried the elive! cd which includes both 16 and 17 and am impressed by its elegance. Everyone who walks by my computer wants to know what it is.)
3. And using your suggestion, tried desktop=fluxbox. Love it. Fluxbox will be my default until I get more practice with enlightenment.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE
$190.99