Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: IDE-RAID controller

  1. #1
    Dohmann
    Guest

    IDE-RAID controller

    Does anybody know, if the standard kernel used by knoppix does support an IDE-RAID controller? I use the HPT370 and would like to access my raid.

  2. #2
    Guest
    I using HPT374, same problem as yours!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2
    I have a hightpoint controller onboard; and inserting de knoppix cd results in a pinguin and a cursor; that's all I get

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1
    First of all : I'm a total newbie to Linux-Knoppix.

    I have a similar error to yours.

    My board has a HPT370A Raid controller. I have connected a hard drive as primary master at the primary raid channel. After booting from the CD, Knoppix freezes at this point:
    "Uncompressing Linux... done. Boorting the kernel" (if I remember correctly). After that - nothing.

    If I use the "failsafe" mode, the kernel began to boot, but freezes after displaying the drives mounted (hda, hdb, and their IRQ-s, sorry I don't know the exact boot sequence of Linux)

    "Nodma", "Noscsi" - they are not working too. (

    If I don't have any hard drive connected, the OS works correctly, and I like it very much!
    I use the 2003-01-20 release of Knoppix.

    And, I have a very similar thing when I use the "Live-Evaluation" version of the 8.0 SuSE.

    I have only one workaround presently: if I use the standard IDE controllers on the board, then there are no more problems - but I want to use my precioussssssss (thx Gollam) RAID controller!

    Thanks everyone...!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2

    Any update on this yet?

    Does anyone know if the opensource driver highpoint has created will be implemented soon in Knoppix? I've heard some rumors that it will be included in the kernel 2.4.18... Can anyone confirm this

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    23

    Here's how I got knoppix to read my RAID-0 array on my VP6

    VP6 is HPT370 ( I was using the YT bios with no mods )
    http://www.northern.ca/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=17

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    118

    Re: IDE-RAID controller

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohmann
    Does anybody know, if the standard kernel used by knoppix does support an IDE-RAID controller? I use the HPT370 and would like to access my raid.
    I have a Abit KT7 MB w/HPT370 RAID controller on it.

    I tested running Knoppix on this, set up as follows:

    IDE Ch. 1 Master LG Electronics 4120B DVD/RW

    RAID Ch. 1 Master Samsung 40GB HD
    RAID Ch. 2 Master Creative IR CD-ROM 5222

    This is is a NON RAID setup,NO RAID 0, 1, or 0+1, just a single HD, and the CD-ROM on the RAID IDE channels.

    I am able to boot and play with the CD. Actually proves that wimpdoze is the problem when using the KT7 and a Creative Soundblaster Live sound card. Under wimpdoze there are driver issues which cause sound glitches on WAV, MP3. Using Knoppix, it plays WAV, OOG, MP3 just FINE! That convinced me to put Knoppix on my old machine, and will eventually dump wimpdoze.

    Since I will in the future be looking to use the RAID features in probably RAID 1 mode. Soon as some of those 100+GB drives come down in price.

    Keep us advised on any progress you make.

  8. #8

    IDE RAID: So geht'S

    Das Plugscript configuration system für KNOPPIX unterstützt IDE RAID controller.


    Es lohnt sich, mal vorbeizuschauen unter
    rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~holzhey/plugscript

    Alles ist noch 'work in progress' aber IDE-RAID (Promise und theoretisch auch Highpoint) sollten bereits funktionieren.

    Rückfragen bitte per mail an mich.

    Andre'

Similar Threads

  1. kernel 2.6 and intel s-ata controller
    By gilles in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 10:56 AM
  2. adaptec scsi controller
    By GameManK in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
  3. 3ware 7000 series ata raid controller
    By whitecracker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 04:37 PM
  4. Promisse IDE Controller
    By Sniffer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 06:17 PM
  5. Need help with ny RAID controller
    By Roemer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2003, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black

$387.46



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE

$190.99