1. possible (but maybe not neccessary)
2. planned
Greetings,
probono
i'm looking at the progress of klik now with great enthusiasm. this development is exciting now, but what's even more exciting i believe is the potential klik has on the desktop linux market in the not too distant future. i'm a complete linux newbie and my aim is to eventually use linux with just as much ease as windows or even mac os x. of course, with .cmg, programs have the future to be just as easy to manage as in mac os x, but i have a few questions:
1. say if i have a program which makes a filetype which is .xxx (pun not intended) and the program is only installed as a .cmg, will i be able to (in future?) be able to associate that file with that program through konqueor etc., even though the program exists only as a .cmg file?
and
2. when will .cmg files have their own icons?
1. possible (but maybe not neccessary)
2. planned
Greetings,
probono
2 may be closer than you know. I may be ready to release a program soon that will automatically setup .desktop files and icons when the file is moved into a ~/.dAppRun directory and remove them if the file is moved out of the directory. I may, in the future, also adjust where in your menu the link gets placed depending on the directory structure under ~/.dAppRun, but this is just an idea at this point.Originally Posted by probono
Sheldonl.
The point for 2. is to do it without auxiliary files that clutter directories, but to display the icon from _within_ the cmg file.
http://www.opensuse.org/KDE_Thumbnails
http://www.opensuse.org/GNOME_Thumbnails
Is there any possibility of making KLIK compatible with other browsers than firefox and konqueror? I'm thinking in particular about Opera. BTW, the download progress dialog no longer works in firefox after updating from firefox 1.0.4 to 1.0.7. No biggie, but a little unhandy.
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas
Yes, you can use Opera, it is described on the klikblog on http://klik.atekon.de/blog/
Greetings,
probono
OK, yes, I can download Opera in KLIK using firefox or konqueror, and then run it. But I can't use Opera to download and run other programs in KLIK as I can with firefox or konqueror. When I try to download a KLIK file using opera I get an error: "The address type is unknown or unsupported: klik://tcsh."
Or I'm not understanding the link you gave me above.
In faith, Dave
[email protected]
Viva Texas
Is this actually working? If so I'll just rm -Rf my code and stop wasting my time writing something you guys don't want to use anyways.Originally Posted by probono

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player w/ Power Adapter For Parts/Repair Turns On
$25.00
Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ
$270.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00