First you mentioned the graphics card & then mention the sound card. Which is it that is not being saved? Is it video, sound or both?
4.02 Knoppix hd install can't remember my graphics card configuration after a reboot. I installed 4.02 Knoppix on my hard drive and then configured alsa with the Knoppix alsa config tool. The whole system works great, but after every startup I have to reconfigur alsa to get sound. How could I get Knoppix to remember this setup?
First you mentioned the graphics card & then mention the sound card. Which is it that is not being saved? Is it video, sound or both?
Sorry! I am up with very little sleep and am a poor writter to boot. It is the sound card!
What type of HS install did you choose? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Insta...f_installation
It was the debian install. I don't have much of a knowlege base in linux, but I am guessing that there is a file somewhere that I need to edit.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97
HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$129.95