First you mentioned the graphics card & then mention the sound card. Which is it that is not being saved? Is it video, sound or both?
4.02 Knoppix hd install can't remember my graphics card configuration after a reboot. I installed 4.02 Knoppix on my hard drive and then configured alsa with the Knoppix alsa config tool. The whole system works great, but after every startup I have to reconfigur alsa to get sound. How could I get Knoppix to remember this setup?
First you mentioned the graphics card & then mention the sound card. Which is it that is not being saved? Is it video, sound or both?
Sorry! I am up with very little sleep and am a poor writter to boot. It is the sound card!
What type of HS install did you choose? http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Insta...f_installation
It was the debian install. I don't have much of a knowlege base in linux, but I am guessing that there is a file somewhere that I need to edit.

Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00
10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99
Lot 8 Vintage CPUs Cyrix 6x86MX AMD K6-2 500 Am486 Intel Pentium 90 P4
$129.99
Vintage 1983 Napco Pro-410 Programmer Tester Chips for Alarm Security
$24.99
Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99
Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00