Quote Originally Posted by frastitute
...All that was done (i.e. the partitioning) was intended so I would be able to use the cheat code to copy Knoppix ISO to the FAT32 4gig partition and load from there in the future using the cheat code. While using the FAT32 2gig partition as the Persistent Home. I hope this helps you in figuring out how to help me. Many thanks for your assistance.
Ok, let me try to rephrase it with my own words to verify I understand you properly:
You have in your system a single 20GB ATA drive (non scsi nor sata) with 3 partitions as follow: (and no other int/ext hdd on your system)
1) a primary NTFS of ?GB (with Windows XP ?)
2) a 4GB Fat32 extended partition (reserved for the knoppix system)
3) a 2GB Fat32 extended partition (reserved for your persistent home)
You have obviously verified that you can read and write to and from all 3 partitions (from Windows).
You can boot Knoppix 4.02 from the CD but can only have read access to your ntfs partition.
Or in other words, you cannot have access to any of your two Fat32 partitions, and you don't even see the partitions icons on your desktop.

If all this is correct, I suppose that there is something wrong in your setup since I have a very similar setup working on a few computers (laptops and desktops) It could be a defective partition table. (that could happen if you move the hdd from one computer used for the partitionning to the target computer which may have a different bios and LBA handling)

There is also more than one "Poor Man Install". Find below a link to the "Windows Partition PMI" which allow you to boot from the iso directly being on a ntfs partition. So there is no need for your first 4gb Fat32 partition and this is actually my prefered solution, cf: http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Gilles