-
I know this is boring but....more of the same
Yes well. Having tried and failed with remastering from a hard drive install, I have tried with the remastering howto. Except for mysql (a story for another post) everything seemed to install fine. Whereas with my harddrive install remaster I got Cannot find filesystem, with this one I got bad superblock. Anyway **** it I thought and followed the instructions to mount the thing rw anyway (mount -n -o remount, rw /). I can access everything none gui. looking. X won't start. typing in first /etc/init.d/xsession start (nothing) and then init 5 9get hardware recognition script), I get a log on screen (and obviously I have no iidea how to create a password-did use passwd but it created one for root and wouldn't let me in and I am not sure how to change to user knoppix). Sooooooo.. I did mkf86config and got more or less zero. then did hwsetup and then mkxf86config again so my video card came up but not much else and still no x with /etc/init.d/xsession start etc.. so I did start x and then thing has booted with my software (apache2,php5,mysql4.0 server +client, mysql-admin,query-browser,nvigator, quanta,bluefish,jdk5.0 + netbeans,tomcat5,yasr,emacspeak) and background images, but no mouse, I can't access the internet (the drivers I usually load don't work)..so if anyone out there has a minute can they tell me how to get my hardware recognition turned on again. How to get past the bad superblock problem, how to start xsession.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00